AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
Rubixcube10
Message 1 of 4 (279 Views)

Labeling Boundary Lines

279 Views, 3 Replies
12-03-2012 11:12 AM

I've looked through previous threads but still can't figure out what my problem is.  It seems to be a very small problem but it's driving me bonkers.  I can get a label on the line no problem.  But it gives me Bearing and distance when I clearly picked Bearing over Distance.  Also, I've gone through the settings and cannot figure out how to get my distance to 2 decimal places (.00) instead of the default of 3 decimal places (.003). 

Also my bearing keeps coming up in decimal seconds.  I thought I figure it out everytime i'm in the settings and changing stuff but I guess i'm not in the right settings. (drawing settings, ambient settings, distance & direction) i've changed but still keeps coming out the same.  I've even gone into (settings, general, line, bearing over distance) and still don't see the option to change the decimals...

Rob

HP Compaq 8100 Elite
Win 7 Pro SP1 - 64Bit
8GB RAM
i7 860 @ 2.80 GHZ

AutoCad Civil 3d 2012 SP1
*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 2 of 4 (273 Views)

Re: Labeling Boundary Lines

12-03-2012 11:47 AM in reply to: Rubixcube10

You need to have a look in the label style composer.

Find the label in Toolspace>Settings>General>Label Styles>Line  (I'm guessing that's the label type you're talking about)

Right click, Edit.

Look around in the Layout tab.  Play with settings in there and see what happens.

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Valued Contributor
C3D_TomR
Message 3 of 4 (269 Views)

12-03-2012 11:58 AM in reply to: Rubixcube10

This YouTube video by Brian Hailey with CAD-1 should help you with changing the precision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGWmOD6KEGA

*Pro
dgordon
Message 4 of 4 (222 Views)

01-02-2013 01:01 PM in reply to: Rubixcube10

I'd wager your forgetting to hit the little arrow that saves the changes to the layout.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs