Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label style text size as percent of screen (model space)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bcsurvey
293 Views, 2 Replies

Label style text size as percent of screen (model space)

I've been tinkering with text sizes in model space and would like to have my point numbers consistant regardless of zoom factor.  I can do this in paper space (viewports) as the annotative scale controls the appearance, but for doing analysis of points at various zooms in model space, it would be nice to be able to regen and have them all come to a certain text size.

I've made some expressions that are modifications of those I use in paper space, but I can't seem to find a function/variable that I can reference for this purpose.

Thanks

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mathewkol
in reply to: bcsurvey

I doubt this is possible for labels.  Prove me wrong 🙂

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 3
bcsurvey
in reply to: mathewkol

I had suspected as much Matt.  Without knowing what is used by those point marker styles that resize to percentage of screen to adjust to current zoom factor, I'm dead in the water. 

But on that note, it would be nice if I could set a variable to automatically regen upon a change in zoom in model space, so that these markers automatically resize and I don't have to type RE and ENTER.  We use ArcGIS and it's nice that it does this, albeit taking a bit more time, especially if you have a gazillion datasets loaded.

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report