Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sports7
140 Views, 3 Replies

Label question

I know that the purpose of Civil 3D is that everything is dynamically linked which is good. But we cant get the pipe labels to label exactly like our company standards are. So how can you change them. Someone said that the only way they could get it to work was explode the profile, which works but now everything is no longer linked. Does all this make since to anyone.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
graf_p
in reply to: sports7

Civil 3D like to say how you can customize your styles to meet your Company/Agency standards, but with Pipe styles that never seems to be the case.

Pipe styles seem to only have a few options like pipe labels stacked above or stacked below.
Styles are not what can be labled but how there are labled.

When defining styles for Pipe runs can you label your structures in profile with the Stucture number in a bubble above the rim attached to a centerline and the invert elevation below the invert align with the structure centerline and have the pipes labeled with the 2d length on a horizontal dimension line below the inverts between the structure centerlines? Thats what I am talking about!

PG
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

You guys gotta remember that this is still a fairly new system of dynamics...If you want more ways to label your drawings, submit ideas and suggestions to Autodesk. I'd really like to be able to see a frame around my text with a pointer from one side instead of a leader, and the ability to wipeout under labels...But I've already had to do work arounds to make those. And I always keep a master copy of my pipe networks so that if I really have to, I can explode a child copy to change the presentation, but still have the master to work with for design changes.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

And also remember that C3D Pipes is a "work in progress". More than the rest
of the system, so there will be changes in the offing.

HTH

--
Don Reichle
"King Of Work-Arounds"
"The only thing worse
than training your staff,
and having them leave is -
not training your staff,
and having them stay."
Courtesy Graphics Solution Providers
--------------------------------------
LDT-2K4
AMD64 3200+
XPPro 32bit SP2
1GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB
Western Digital Raptor 10K-rpm HD

wrote in message news:4972654@discussion.autodesk.com...
You guys gotta remember that this is still a fairly new system of
dynamics...If you want more ways to label your drawings, submit ideas and
suggestions to Autodesk. I'd really like to be able to see a frame around my
text with a pointer from one side instead of a leader, and the ability to
wipeout under labels...But I've already had to do work arounds to make
those. And I always keep a master copy of my pipe networks so that if I
really have to, I can explode a child copy to change the presentation, but
still have the master to work with for design changes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report