Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label in paperspace and xref

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
dgc74
791 Views, 10 Replies

Label in paperspace and xref

I have an xref...I can see the labels in model space but when I go to paperspace, I can not longer see them. 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: dgc74

@dgc74 wrote:

I have an xref...I can see the labels in model space but when I go to paperspace, I can not longer see them. 

Civil 3D labels?

Layer of the label object frozen in the viewport?

Layer of the label entities frozen in the viewport?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 11
dgc74
in reply to: rkmcswain

Yes Civil 3D.  No the layers are not frozen.  In the original C3D file...which is not my file...the labels come up as MTEXT.

Message 4 of 11
SkipBurns

Check that your annotation scale of the viewport matches exactly to the annotation scale of the text objects.

Message 5 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: SkipBurns

@SkipBurns wrote:

Check that your annotation scale of the viewport matches exactly to the annotation scale of the text objects.

Civil 3D labels do not have an annotation scale.

Message 6 of 11
SkipBurns

Right.... he said they are MTEXT.

Message 7 of 11
rkmcswain

@SkipBurns wrote:

Right.... he said they are MTEXT.

@dgc74 wrote:

Yes Civil 3D. 

Oops. I thought the reply above was to my question "Civil 3D labels?" I see the word mtext now, and your suggestion is spot on. Another quick way to check would be to set ANNOALLVISIBLE to 1.
Message 8 of 11
dgc74

Yes that annoallvisible command worked.  What was the problem exactly?  The annotative scale for MTEXT is not the same as a regular label?

Thanks

Message 9 of 11
rkmcswain

@dgc74 wrote:

Yes that annoallvisible command worked.  What was the problem exactly?  The annotative scale for MTEXT is not the same as a regular label?

Thanks

Civil 3D labels and annotative text are different and behave differently.

Civil 3D labels will always display no matter what scale the VP is.

Annotative objects will only display if the scale of the VP is assigned to the annotative object (unless of course ANNOALLVISIBLE = 1). If you have multiple viewports with different scales, then you probably would not want ANNOALLVISIBLE set to 1.

If desired in your case, it sounds like you could assign the correct scale to your annotative objects, then set ANNOALLVISIBLE back to 0.

Message 10 of 11
SkipBurns

@rkmcswain wrote:

@dgc74 wrote:

Thanks

Civil 3D labels and annotative text are different and behave differently.

Civil 3D labels will always display no matter what scale the VP is.

Annotative objects will only display if the scale of the VP is assigned to the annotative object (unless of course ANNOALLVISIBLE = 1). If you have multiple viewports with different scales, then you probably would not want ANNOALLVISIBLE set to 1.

If desired in your case, it sounds like you could assign the correct scale to your annotative objects, then set ANNOALLVISIBLE back to 0.

This is 100% correct.  I would just add that ANNOALLVISIBLE will sometimes turn itself off randomly in paperspace so just be careful.  Also, when assigning the correct scale to the annotative objects, be aware that they have to be exactly the same between the object and viewport (ex. 1:20 and 1:20, not 1:20 and 1"=20')

Message 11 of 11
rkmcswain

@SkipBurns wrote:

...... when assigning the correct scale to the annotative objects, be aware that they have to be exactly the same between the object and viewport (ex. 1:20 and 1:20, not 1:20 and 1"=20')

Good point. To further clarify that, this is because annotative scales are unique/defined by their name, not their scale ratio.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report