Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label all parcel lines at once

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Neilw_05
2604 Views, 6 Replies

Label all parcel lines at once

I need to make a map of a subdivision with all lot dimensions. I see how we can label all the lines of a lot by picking the parcel label, but it only allows one at a time. Can we do them all at once?

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: Neilw_05

Not out of the box that I'm aware of. Perhaps one of the add-on programs like SincPac, Steltman, or Dotson would have something that would accomplish this. To justify the purchase of the add on, estimate how long it would take you to label all the lots without the tool, take your billing rate and see if the program is cheaper.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 7
Neilw_05
in reply to: BrianHailey

250+ parcels will take a while if picking one at a time. Then there is the time to flip all the labels that end up on the wrong side of a line. I've also considered exploding the parcels, cleaning up the mess and using featureline labels, but the FL labeler can only label one line at a time, so that's out. This is a case where I might resort to Land Desktop's labeling tools.

Yes we could find a custom solution but I wanted to establish that it can't be done with the available tools.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 4 of 7
Jeff_M

According to 2013's help (possibly earlier versions, too) you can:

To label multiple parcel segments

1. Click Annotate tab,Labels & Tables panel,Add Labels menu,Parcel,Multiple Segments .
  2. Select the feature lines or segments to label.

When parcel face is selected, a direction prompt displays. If a different supported object is selected, the direction prompt does not display.

However, the actual command only allows selecting a parcel area label. Is this a bug? Or is the help that messed up?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 7
Neilw_05
in reply to: Jeff_M

I interpret the multiple segment option as being the same as the multi-segment featureline option in that a single featureline can have multiple segments. It does not allow the selection of multiple featurelines.

I haven't worked with parcels enough to know if there can be parcel lines with multiple segments.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 6 of 7
Sinc

I find that subdivisions are best-labeled by placing labels one at a time.  That's because it usually takes a number of different label Styles to get it labeled properly.

We really need some sort of Rule Set for creating a "Parcel Label Set".  Maybe in a future version of C3D, once Autodesk finally gets back to improving Parcels (something that hasn't been on the radar in recent years).

Sinc
Message 7 of 7
Neilw_05
in reply to: Sinc

I was thinking about how there could be better intelligence to parcel labeling as well, such as recognizing Inside vs. Outside of a closed area.

I find that batch labels will be adequate for the majority of lots/parcels but there are always some that need tweaking. It would be helpful to have support for selection set labeling. Perhaps as you suggest if there were a way to have a label set applied when parcels are created I could just import the entire set of parcels into a new file and have a good start.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report