I keep getting the words "Label Text" being placed at 0,0 every time I insert a profile view into my drawing. Is there a simple way to change something in the settings to either not display this at all or sontrol how/where it is displayed? It is annoying when you do a zoom extents being you now get 2 small dots on screen, 1 being the actualy drawing at the correct utm cooridnates and the other being this piece of text down at 0,0.
Solved! Go to Solution.
It actually says the words "Label Text".
I can not find any location with those words being labeled.
"Label Text" is actually the default text when you create a text label in a style. So I would think you have a label text in some style that was never customized and is set to insert at 0,0.
Unfortunately I don't know of any way to search for it in all the styles. What happens if you select it, right click and select Edit Style?
Thanks - still digging into it but so far all I have confirmed is this;
1) It is not related to the bands because I have removed them with no change.
2) It is related to the provile view but it does not appear to be any specific Profile View Style, as I have tried each of the ones I have in my settings.
3) If I delete the profile view, the "Label Text" is also deleted.
4) I have editted the Profile View Properties and can not find anything related.
5) the layer it appears to be on, as shown by it's properties, is C-ROAD-PROF-VIEW
6) Each and every Profile View is generating a seperate copy of the text "Label Text" exactly on top of each other. I have 3 profiles in the drawing and all 3 pieces of text ar on top of each other even though the profiles are not.
7) I created a new Profile View Style using the defaults, and it made no difference.
8) I tried to move the text and it would not move.
9) Moving the profile does not affect the text.
10) If I freeze the layer the text is on, the profiles are also frozen.
11) If I change the colour of the C-ROAD-PROF-VIEW layer, the text in question changes colour, and the data band titles also change colour. Nothing else changes colour.
I am stumped! Any further ideas - anyone?
I have created a very simple drawing which has exactly the same issues. (my original was too big to upload and it had proprietary info in it)
This is created in Civil 3D 2012 SP#2.
The Band Style "Stations" has a Title Text text component named "Text.1" which has a value of "Label Text" and no anchor loctaion set. This is your errant text, delete it and the problem goes away.
THANK YOU - I really appreciate your help (both of you). I had searched for hours/days in this exact area and had overlooked it or just not found it as yet.
It is working correctly now!
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.