Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Styles Problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ksmith5
600 Views, 4 Replies

Label Styles Problem

Hello all,

I have a good one for you.  I've been playing with label styles and have been unsucessful at getting them to attach and work how I want them to.  If you take a look at the attached image, you can see that my leaders do not line up with the text how they should.  I would love it if there was a way to set the dragged state "as composed" and have it rotate/act properly.  Since that isn't the case, I've resorted to underlining the top line (to act as a leader line), and trying to attach my leader with that point.  For the most part, this works, except when it comes to 3 line labels.  As far as I can tell, it would work in its entireity if I was able to attach to "bottom of top line".  Unfortunately, that is also not an option.  Any help with the problem here is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

Civil 3D 2016
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1603 v3 @2.80GHz
16GB Ram
Windows 7 Professional
64-bit OS
Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nvengineer
in reply to: ksmith5

I'm not sure if this helps completely, but I changed the dragged state to 'as composed' and then modified the x and y offsets in the layout tab to move the text down and to the left.  If you always use these labels in the dragged state then this might work.

Message 3 of 5
ksmith5

Thanks for looking into the issue, however I've never been able to get over the problem where the text "as composed" doesn't rotate when extended past the origin or in a viewport (see attached image).  I suppose I could go through the process of creating a left and right label for each type, but that still seems a bit cumbersome to use on a daily basis.  If you have any more ideas, I'm open to them.   Thanks!

Civil 3D 2016
16GB Ram
Windows 7 Professional
64-bit OS
Message 4 of 5
dgordon

I've found that since the label leaders have such a limited functionality that i have to turn them off for a situation like this and draw my own leader with either qleader or a polyline.   the label can be created to  have a insertion point to osnap to with the native autocad leaders.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 5 of 5
ksmith5
in reply to: dgordon

Alright, well thanks for the help.  If I have to go that way, so be it.  One would think autodesk would fix this issue considering I have yet to see a set of grading plans that aren't laid out this way.  Thanks a ton for the help.

-Kevin

Civil 3D 2016
16GB Ram
Windows 7 Professional
64-bit OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report