Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Styles: Importing into a drawing...

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
SteveAdams8888
9311 Views, 7 Replies

Label Styles: Importing into a drawing...

Let's say you created some Label Styles, and want those Label Styles to be available in another existing drawing.

Do you have to insert the drawing (which has the desired Styles) into the existing dwg? I tried DesignCenter, but it does not seem to have the ability to import Label Styles or Point Label Styles.

Thanks,

Steve (using C3d 2010)

Thanks,
Steve

C3d 2010 (no SP)
Win7

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
miked
in reply to: SteveAdams8888

Open both drawings in the same session of Civil 3D.

Have the drawing you want the styles in current/on screen

From the tool space set master view

open the settings tab and navigate to the drawing you want styles from

navigate to the styles you want in the current drawing and they will drag and drop

NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil3D 2012 64x
Message 3 of 8
SteveAdams8888
in reply to: miked

Thank you Mike, I appreciate that!

-Steve

Thanks,
Steve

C3d 2010 (no SP)
Win7

Message 4 of 8
RickGraham

I know I'm late to the party, but...

You are going to LOVE the new functionality in Civil 3D 2012 in this respect.

Rick

Message 5 of 8
pserpas
in reply to: RickGraham

Glad to hear it Rick, because I absolutely hate this functionality in C3D 2011.  I look at labeling in C3D 2011 and am amazed at the layer upon layer upon layer of configuration you have to go through to get something that looks right.

I think the Mastering C3D books are an awesome tool to help navigate the complexity of C3D.  I use them.

Windows 7 x 64
Nvidia GeForce GTS 450
8 GB Ram
Intel Core i5-2310 @ 2.90 GHz
v. F.107.0.0 AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 SP1
Message 6 of 8
Sinc
in reply to: pserpas

@pserpas wrote:

Glad to hear it Rick, because I absolutely hate this functionality in C3D 2011.  I look at labeling in C3D 2011 and am amazed at the layer upon layer upon layer of configuration you have to go through to get something that looks right.

That functionality didn't change.  All you get is some additional functionality for transfering Styles and Settings between drawings.  You can get similar functionality in 2010/2011 with third-party help.

Sinc
Message 7 of 8
MKearney028
in reply to: Sinc

Hopefully someone can give me a hand with this issue. I'm aware of the ability to drag and drop through the toolspace, and even the super secret "aeccimportstylesandsettings" (which I'm guessing is what's been updated in 2012?), but I still have one problem. My text styles are reseting to Standard as opposed to the textstyle set in the file I am draging from. I've considered the obvious thing like make sure that style is in the drawing and it's the current style etc. Anyone else have this issue or an answer?

Message 8 of 8
OrmieO

I was having the same problem with the styles (Data Bands) going back to default.  If you rename the style it seems to work fine.  It may have something to do with accepting the out of the box name?? not sure, but here is a work around in the mean time.

I would really like to know the actual reason if anyone knows??

Cheers,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report