Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Style for surface spot elevations to plot screened problems.......

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
aj519
386 Views, 5 Replies

Label Style for surface spot elevations to plot screened problems.......

How can I make sure the annotated surface labels spot elevations from my 3d design drawing which is being xrefed into a new Precise Grading Breakout Sheet plots screened?

I am having a no luck in achieving this.

The Label Style which I created for the annotated surface label spot elevations has all its properties set to be ByLayer for example its color and lineweight.  The Layer I assigned the Label Style was assigned to a layer with a color and plot style that should plot any object screened.  Color 8 and Plot Style Screened.

What other steps am I missing to assure myself that this Label Style will plot screened in my new Precise Grading Breakout Sheet?

I also made sure that the xref drawing in which this Surface spot elevation has the correct colors and lineweights and Plot Styles in my new Precise Grading Breakout Sheet.

Please somebody help?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: aj519

freeze the labels in the xref and add new labels in the grading break out.
Message 3 of 6
aj519
in reply to: Anonymous

I created the xref as a master drawing for my breakout sheet.  I would really not want to double up on the work, is there no way around the problem?  So, are you implying that 3d labels styles from a drawing which is being xrefed into a new drawing will not allow for screening plotstyle options?

Message 4 of 6
troma

Why the duplicate?

My previous reply:

I have a vague recollection of reading that this works with ctb but not stb.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 6
aj519
in reply to: troma

I dont want to duplicate my work when i already have created these labels in the master drawing which is beign xrefed into my breakout sheet.  I believe i dont need to label my breakout sheet when its part of my xref, there has to be a way to screen these labels and for them to plot screened in my breakout sheet.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

can I suggest that it may have taken longer to post here and look for a solution that does not exist than it would have taken to perform the extra work?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report