Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Pipe Crossing in Section

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cosmo12
578 Views, 5 Replies

Label Pipe Crossing in Section

Is it possible to label a pipe crossing offset in section view dynamically? I see there are options to label start offset and end offset, but not at the actual crossing. Am i missing something?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: cosmo12

Hi Cosmo12,

can you clarify for me if you are tying to get the offset of the crossing pipe from the alignment or are you trying to get the vertical offset from pipe to pipe?. I also might just be misunderstanding the question altogether.
Please let me know.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 6
cosmo12
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

Jason,

Thanks for your response. When I label my pipe crossing in section view the style gives me options to call out the beginning and ending offset and elevation, however the section is not cut at the beginning or end it is somewhere between. For example my pipe begins at 1+00 and ends at 2+00, but my section is cut at 1+50. I only see options to label at 1+00 or 2+00 it does not appears i can get elevation and offset at 1+50. 

Message 4 of 6
jmayo-EE

I use a Section View Offset Elevation label with a reference text component to bring in the pipe size material and slope. I have the section view label get me the invert. Though I get the invert I want these labels are not dynamic to the pipe. 

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Jason.Ferrelli

Cosmo12,

Thank you for clarifying, I apologize that I misunderstood your question. At this time the out of the box label for Crossing Section pipes will not allow you to do this.
However as John mentioned there are other options to label the information you want, though I know you would prefer this be dynamic.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 6 of 6
cosmo12
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

Thanks guys. I went and manually added them. I wonder if this function will be added in the future.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report