AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
civman_daar
Message 21 of 31 (112 Views)

Re: Label Objects on individual layers

10-09-2013 04:57 AM in reply to: troma

I response to Jeff M. 

The markers can be used separate of the Note Label, and vise versa.  I have note labels, that have no connection to a marker.  Example:  UNPLATTED LANDS.  We use this on surveys and the beauty is that if the label has to be moved, it has a leader attachment.  As for the markers, most of these have paired note labels.  Sometimes it may be necessary to have a marker without a label, legend driven symbology.  In this instance, it would be great to have the marker come in on its designated layer.

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 22 of 31 (104 Views)

10-09-2013 06:05 AM in reply to: civman_daar

Yes, I know a NoteLabel can be added without a marker (almost all of my notes are added without them). When the Note does have a marker associated, they are linked together. How do you insert a marker by itself?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
civman_daar
Message 23 of 31 (95 Views)

10-09-2013 07:46 AM in reply to: civman_daar

I wanted the notes and markers to come in on individual layers when they are separately inserted objects.  I understand that the inserted combination of the two yields a combined object. I guess that the combined object with have to be controlled through the drawing settings>object layers settings.  Is there any way to have the combined object insert on the layer of the note style?

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 24 of 31 (91 Views)

10-09-2013 07:55 AM in reply to: civman_daar

civman_daar wrote:

I wanted the notes and markers to come in on individual layers when they are separately inserted objects.  I understand that the inserted combination of the two yields a combined object. I guess that the combined object with have to be controlled through the drawing settings>object layers settings.  Is there any way to have the combined object insert on the layer of the note style?

Thanks

Yes, both the Note and Note/Marker combination labels can be set to the layer defined in the NoteLabelStyle. I'm still not understanding how you have the marker separately inserted.

civman_daar
Message 25 of 31 (79 Views)

10-09-2013 12:35 PM in reply to: civman_daar

Set the note label to <none>, then set the marker to some defined style.  Works both ways. You can insert a note or marker separately or both together throught the Add Labels dialog box.

*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 26 of 31 (74 Views)

10-09-2013 12:51 PM in reply to: civman_daar
I don't have a <none> setting. Is that a label style you made yourself?

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

Valued Mentor
dmartin
Message 27 of 31 (70 Views)

10-09-2013 12:55 PM in reply to: troma

With the availability of blocks and cogo points, I am struggling with the reasoning for inserting a marker without a label attached.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

civman_daar
Message 28 of 31 (69 Views)

10-09-2013 12:56 PM in reply to: troma

Yes.  Its probably a NO_DISPLAY Label Style that is called <none>

civman_daar
Message 29 of 31 (66 Views)

10-09-2013 01:00 PM in reply to: dmartin

The marker can represent any block at any scale.  The survey dept. will use the markers for document drafting.  They are moving from LDD 2008 to C3D 2012, shortly.

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 30 of 31 (58 Views)

10-09-2013 01:19 PM in reply to: civman_daar

civman_daar wrote:

Yes.  Its probably a NO_DISPLAY Label Style that is called <none>

OK, that makes more sense and is what I figured you might say. I can update the code to use the MarkerStyle's layer when the NoteLabelStyle is set to "<none>". 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs