AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
jfrazie2
Message 1 of 6 (65 Views)

Label Expressions

65 Views, 5 Replies
06-19-2006 07:00 AM
I set up an surface slope label expression which took the absolute value of the slope, then used that expression in a slope label style. When I created the expression, I incorrectly formatted the result as double rather than percent. When I change the format of the expression from double to percent in my drawing, the labels display correctly; however, if I close and reopen the drawing, the expression defaults back to double format, and the labels do not display correctly (until setting the expression back to percent).
Contributor
jfrazie2
Message 2 of 6 (65 Views)

Re: Label Expressions

06-19-2006 07:02 AM in reply to: jfrazie2
of course, this is before installing SP1 or any Hotfixes... not willing to install those until Parcel Labels have been fixed. Message was edited by: jfrazie2
Contributor
jfrazie2
Message 3 of 6 (65 Views)

06-22-2006 05:40 AM in reply to: jfrazie2
In fact, it appears that another label expression that I created defaulted to "double" format after closing and reopening the drawing... and I am sure that I created the expression with the "percent" format initially. Message was edited by: jfrazie2
Dane McDougall
Message 4 of 6 (65 Views)

09-15-2006 03:23 PM in reply to: jfrazie2
I am having the same problem.... is this a bug or is there a way to get it to retain the format??
Distinguished Contributor
MMccall
Message 5 of 6 (65 Views)

09-15-2006 03:35 PM in reply to: jfrazie2
Have you tried removing the expression from the style and then adding it back in after the format was changed?
*Dana Breig Probert
Message 6 of 6 (65 Views)

09-15-2006 08:06 PM in reply to: jfrazie2
you can also just leave it double then add the % mark to the hard text of
your label style. i leave everything double.

--
Dana Breig Probert
http://civil3drocks.blogspot.com/
CADapult Ltd
Empowering Design With Innovative Solutions
www.cadapult.net
----------------------------------------------
wrote in message news:5331344@discussion.autodesk.com...
Have you tried removing the expression from the style and then adding it
back in after the format was changed?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs