Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Expressions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
315 Views, 5 Replies

Label Expressions

I set up an surface slope label expression which took the absolute value of the slope, then used that expression in a slope label style. When I created the expression, I incorrectly formatted the result as double rather than percent. When I change the format of the expression from double to percent in my drawing, the labels display correctly; however, if I close and reopen the drawing, the expression defaults back to double format, and the labels do not display correctly (until setting the expression back to percent).
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

of course, this is before installing SP1 or any Hotfixes... not willing to install those until Parcel Labels have been fixed. Message was edited by: jfrazie2
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

In fact, it appears that another label expression that I created defaulted to "double" format after closing and reopening the drawing... and I am sure that I created the expression with the "percent" format initially. Message was edited by: jfrazie2
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I am having the same problem.... is this a bug or is there a way to get it to retain the format??
Message 5 of 6
mmccall

Have you tried removing the expression from the style and then adding it back in after the format was changed?
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

you can also just leave it double then add the % mark to the hard text of
your label style. i leave everything double.

--
Dana Breig Probert
http://civil3drocks.blogspot.com/
CADapult Ltd
Empowering Design With Innovative Solutions
www.cadapult.net
----------------------------------------------
wrote in message news:5331344@discussion.autodesk.com...
Have you tried removing the expression from the style and then adding it
back in after the format was changed?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report