Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINE TYPE CHANGE FOR NO REASON

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Neptuno8881
626 Views, 3 Replies

LINE TYPE CHANGE FOR NO REASON

Hi,
My line type change for no reason to some random line type but holding the layer of my text (see pic). I did try to regen the drawing, save it and close it the drawing and re-open it with no luck. After a while the line type changed back to its original state by itself, after continuous working on the project to get the job moving, don't know why. Does anyone out there got the same problem, if so how to fix it or get around this. My C3D version is 2008.

Thanks!
Neptuno
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
schroederC3D
in reply to: Neptuno8881

Hi,

If you're using parcels, then you're seeing this because the parcel style is controlling the parcel segment linetypes.  The segments or linework which is not part of a parcel would be displaying the linetypes associated with whichever layer it resides on.

If this solves your issue or answers your question then please hit the KUDO button or mark as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION!

Reply Syntax?
Command (Uppercase): TRIM, Variable (Italicized): MSLTSCALE, Civil 3D Object (Within brackets): [SITE]

If this solves your issue or answers your question then please hit the KUDO button or mark as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION!

Please support my Idea to revert the forum format to the old one: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-ideas/revert-to-old-forum-layout/idi-p/7917987
Message 3 of 4
MMcCall402
in reply to: schroederC3D

Just to add on to what schroederC3D said:

If the lines are parcel segment lines and they're parcels of different styles sharing those segments, the SITE has a setting for controlling the order in which styles are applied to the segments in shared situations.  And, the site itself has a parcel style. 

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 4 of 4
aalvin1
in reply to: Neptuno8881

I have a situation with my linetypes. every so often the linetype scale changes on the linetype. I have to re-load the linetype. Is there a fix or a setting for this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report