Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kidney-a-bout

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
richie_hodgson
337 Views, 2 Replies

Kidney-a-bout

Redesigning a large round a bout into a kidney a bout. Central kidney is much larger than the existing central round a bout, I can make an assembly to tie into the old round a bout, fine, but with 3dsmax in mind I would like to get the same grass look on the central round a bout. I was wondering if there was a simple way of using an assembly to model the internal part of the existing round a bout ( which is grass)
Richie
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lim.wendy
in reply to: richie_hodgson

HI Richie,

Can you post a sketch of what you would like to achieve?

Thanks, Smiley Happy

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 3 of 3
richie_hodgson
in reply to: lim.wendy

Hi Thanks for replying I worked it out myself in the end. I created a dummy cut fill slope at 1:5 from the back of kerb. This gave me an indication of where the alignment around the existing central roundabout would go. Then I used a Feature Lines From Corridor to create a feature line of the back of kerb. So I was able then to creat a new corridor to do what I wanted, see attached for before and after shots. Pardon the tangency errors.....  

Richie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report