Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping surfaces separate?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
deltacoolguy
594 Views, 3 Replies

Keeping surfaces separate?

I did a quick work-around to get this one done, but am asking for future reference.

I have a finished surface that I am satisfied with, and do not want to change.  I wanted to create a separate surface that abuts the finished surface, but is at a different elevation.  When I create feature lines for the new surface, the existing finished surface gets the warning symbol telling me it has changed, even when I select objects instead of existing feature lines and type in different elevations.  This alarmed me, so I quit the process and closed the draswing.

How can I create surfaces in the same drawing that are completely separate?  Or, how can I create feature lines that don't attached to adjoining feature lines?  (In the vast majority of situations I like that a new feature line will take on the elevation of a picked feature line)

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: deltacoolguy

Create the Featurelines in a different Site. That way they shouldn't interact,

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
csevers
in reply to: deltacoolguy

I will just offset the feature line a very small amount, like .01 ft., then infill the gap.

Or what Allen said if I misunderstood what you are trying to do.

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 4 of 4
deltacoolguy
in reply to: AllenJessup

@AllenJessup wrote:

Create the Featurelines in a different Site. That way they shouldn't interact,

Allen

I did create a different new surface first, but did not create a new site.  That makes sense.  I figured there must be a relatively easy solution.  Thanks.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report