AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Mentor
deltacoolguy
Message 1 of 4 (139 Views)
Accepted Solution

Keeping surfaces separate?

139 Views, 3 Replies
03-14-2014 07:25 AM

I did a quick work-around to get this one done, but am asking for future reference.

I have a finished surface that I am satisfied with, and do not want to change.  I wanted to create a separate surface that abuts the finished surface, but is at a different elevation.  When I create feature lines for the new surface, the existing finished surface gets the warning symbol telling me it has changed, even when I select objects instead of existing feature lines and type in different elevations.  This alarmed me, so I quit the process and closed the draswing.

How can I create surfaces in the same drawing that are completely separate?  Or, how can I create feature lines that don't attached to adjoining feature lines?  (In the vast majority of situations I like that a new feature line will take on the elevation of a picked feature line)

Windows 7-64
8GB RAM
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013
*Expert Elite*
AllenJessup
Message 2 of 4 (135 Views)

Re: Keeping surfaces separate?

03-14-2014 07:30 AM in reply to: deltacoolguy

Create the Featurelines in a different Site. That way they shouldn't interact,

Allen

Distinguished Contributor
csevers
Message 3 of 4 (126 Views)

03-14-2014 07:35 AM in reply to: deltacoolguy

I will just offset the feature line a very small amount, like .01 ft., then infill the gap.

Or what Allen said if I misunderstood what you are trying to do.

Chris Severs, EI
Windows 7 x 64 bit
NVidia Quadro 2000 Dual Monitor
6.00 GB RAM
Intel Xeon W3550 @ 3.07 GHz
Civil 3D 2013 SP 2, Civil 3D 2012 SP2, Civil 3D 2011 V3, Civil 3D 2010 V3
Mentor
deltacoolguy
Message 4 of 4 (120 Views)

03-14-2014 07:37 AM in reply to: AllenJessup

AllenJessup wrote:

Create the Featurelines in a different Site. That way they shouldn't interact,

Allen

I did create a different new surface first, but did not create a new site.  That makes sense.  I figured there must be a relatively easy solution.  Thanks.

Windows 7-64
8GB RAM
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs