Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just upgraded to Civil2014. Couple of issues.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
JA5.15
377 Views, 9 Replies

Just upgraded to Civil2014. Couple of issues.

1) Re: Pressure pipe networks. Why can I not change the appearance of appurtenances in profile view? I would like to mask them in both plan and profile and show the pipes end to end.

Also for some reason I can only create a pressure pipe network from the prospector, no pressure pipe options are listed under pipe network on the ribbon. Anyone have any feedback?

2) If I adjust my viewport scale via the properties panel as I scroll over the list it regens the viewport as I highlight each option. This slows me down quite a bit. This did not happen in 2012, I assume it is a setting somewhere?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jay_B
in reply to: JA5.15

@JA5.15 wrote:

Also for some reason I can only create a pressure pipe network from the prospector, no pressure pipe options are listed under pipe network on the ribbon. Anyone have any feedback?

Should be right here in 2014.

PN create.PNG
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 10
JA5.15
in reply to: Jay_B

If it was where it should be I wouldn't have asked the question...

1.png

Message 4 of 10
Jeff_M

Did you migrate your 2012 menu to 2014? I ask because your ribbon looks like the 2012 ribbon and not the one from 2014.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 10
Jay_B

Was anything migrated over from 2012?

The reason I ask is because I can see a Flyout on your Corridor Tab.

2014 Only has one Corridor type. 2012 had 2.

We need the full migration story in order to help. My suspicion is you've managed to use the 2012 Ribbon in 2014.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 6 of 10
JA5.15

I suspect you are both correct. I simply ran the installer provided by IT. I did not intentionally migrate anything from 2012. I have both 2012 and 2014 currently installed on my machine.  How would I have ended up with the 2012 ribbon and how would I go about getting the 2014?

Also thanks to you all for the quick replies.

Message 7 of 10
Jay_B

Resetting the User settings will restore everyting to a default state.

Any customization will be lost.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 8 of 10
JA5.15

OK everything is working fine now with the pressure networks. I had imported a couple of shortcuts from 2012 and apparently whatever I did was not the way to do it.  I stil find that CUI confusing. Thanks for the assistance. Anyone know what I am talking about with the viewport scale?

Message 9 of 10
david.zavislan

Try setting PROPERTYPREVIEW to off.   This controls the previewing of changes to selected objects when rolling over drop-down list.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 10 of 10
JA5.15
in reply to: david.zavislan

Thank you David that did the trick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report