Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just trying to create a surface!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
133 Views, 3 Replies

Just trying to create a surface!

Ok, so forgive me if this is a simple task, I'm new to MAP and autoCAD too. I just imported a dgn file. I want to create a TIN surface using the elevations stored in this map. I can get as far as creating the empty TIN but I seem to be having problems adding anything to it. I have read all the help and I seem to be doing things correctly, but nothing is working and the TIN stays invisible, even though it says it has breaklines etc. ANY help or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Margaret
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you applied a surface style that will show something, such as contours?

The default surface style shows only the border (edges) of the surface.

wrote in message news:4963532@discussion.autodesk.com...
Ok, so forgive me if this is a simple task, I'm new to MAP and autoCAD too.
I just imported a dgn file. I want to create a TIN surface using the
elevations stored in this map. I can get as far as creating the empty TIN
but I seem to be having problems adding anything to it. I have read all the
help and I seem to be doing things correctly, but nothing is working and the
TIN stays invisible, even though it says it has breaklines etc. ANY help or
ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Margaret
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

The elevations that you are referring to. Are they blocks, points, etc.? Do they have an elevation to them or are they all at 0? To find out what you have to work with left click on one, and then right click. A menu will pop up. Go to "properties". The very top of your properties box will tell you what you are using. Under "geometry" it will list the objects elevation. Report back with what you find and we'll go from there.

rick
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks, turns out I was just not displaying anything. Now I have a new problem. I'd like to bring in a shapefile to act as a boundary in my surface. However when I import it, it doesn't line up correctly with the surface. I'm guessing this is a projection issue of some sort... any ideas?

Margaret

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report