Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items will not print

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Kyle-Evans
351 Views, 8 Replies

Items will not print

Hey guys,

I have been having issues with printing items in Civil 3D 2010. This has been happening on multiple worstations with various specifications. Most of the time it is images not printing, and yes they are unfrozen, and set to print and all that other stuff. As soon as I restart Civil 3D they print just fine without any issues. Now on some of the drawings it leaves out 75% of the titleblock text and lines and will not print those either. But as soon as I happen to restart, it happens to print just fine.
Other users have been having this happen, and we have not been able to find a potential fix for it yet. If you know potentially of what is causing this and why it is happening and maybe ways to avoid it, that would be great.
Also, I have tried it with the 3GB patch installed and without it just using 2GB, and both have the exact same result.

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

Open the properties of your pc3 file, expand the
graphics select raster and lower the slider until you get it to plot (start 1
click above 0 and increase as required)
Message 3 of 9
Kyle-Evans

It is not just the image causing problems, sometimes there is only linework in a drawing and that will not print.
Message 4 of 9
Kyle-Evans

Anyone?????
Message 5 of 9
auzzie2776

1. did you run a audit on your drawing ?
2. have you tried a updated printer driver on your machine ?
3. do you have all the latest hotfixes and services packs on your machine ?
4. make sure you have the correct object enabler installed

hope this helps Edited by: auzzie2776 on Feb 25, 2010 11:45 AM
Message 6 of 9
Kyle-Evans

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes

It happens on all the computers in the office here, and its really annoying, because we can only print 2 to 3 drawings max before things randomly decide to stop showing up in the prints. Everything also displays fine in the print preview.
Message 7 of 9
auzzie2776

Are you printing via a print server or IP printing ?
Message 8 of 9
Kyle-Evans

It is from a Printer Server
Message 9 of 9
auzzie2776

Try going the other direction, print via IP. I was having the same issues you are having now, i changed up to IP printing and all my issues went away. By the way, what kind of printer are you using ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report