Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with adding pipe network to profile...?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Stuart_Telford
1564 Views, 4 Replies

Issues with adding pipe network to profile...?

I am running CV3D 2011 on Windows 7 64bit,  I created a pipe network from an alignment.  The alignment was created from a polyline I strung from each surveyed manhole figure.  Once said pipe network was created, I attempted to add its parts to a profile view I had already created by sampling the alignment against the existing ground surface.  When prompted to select the profile view to draw the parts in, I selected my profile and received the following message (will try to include in  a screen capture as well):  "All objects in the pickfirst set were filtered out, please select again. Select profile view"  A.) What does this mean? and B.) How can I remedy this from occuring in the future?

Thanks in advance,

Stu

Stuart Telford
Civil 3D 2014 SP1 | Win 7 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz, 8GB Ram | ATI Radeon HD 5450
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Stuart_Telford

When it asks you to select profile view are you selecting the profile or the grid lines?  Select the grid lines, this is the profile view not the actual profile you cut from the surface model.

Message 3 of 5

What happens if you run the "Draw Parts in Profile" command first and then select the network parts?

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 4 of 5
Stuart_Telford
in reply to: Anonymous

I picked the gridlines or basically whatever part of the profile it "highlights" when selecting (when it highlights you know you've picked a proper entity).  But, I did solve the issue by selecting draw parts in profile view from the drop down menu first; rather than selecting the pipe network and trying to add the parts via the contextual menu.

Thanks for the response though,

Stu

Stuart Telford
Message 5 of 5

Jeff,

Thanks for the heads up...somehow I ended up trying that and YES that did work for me! Not sure why I couldn't just select the pipe network and then click add part to profile from the contextual menu, but oh well.

Thanks again,

Stu

Stuart Telford

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report