Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while copying centerline alignment with offset alignment

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jeevesh.chandra
360 Views, 2 Replies

Issue while copying centerline alignment with offset alignment

I have a surface, a centerline alignment, and an offset alignment for the centerline alignment. Also a surface profile for the centerline alignment.

1. When i copy the centerline alignment in another drawing, it gets copied with the surface as well as the surface profile.

2. When i export the alignments using landxml, and import that landxml into another drawing, the offset alignment takes the property of a centerline alignment and that way its link with the original centerline alignment is lost.

Kindly reply for the issue. thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
troma
in reply to: jeevesh.chandra

1. Can you explain exactly how you are copying the alignment?

2. I don't believe there is a 'solution' to this. When you export to Land xml the alignment is just an alignment, no specific type. So when you import it back C3D will give it the default type "Centerline". Can you use a data shortcut instead of Landxml?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 3

It usually causes problems to use the clipboard to copy C3D objects from one drawing to another.

I also think that the LandXML method will drop the offset property of the alignment. Try using either a data reference or simply X-Referencing the alignment into the destination drawing to get the results you expect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report