Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this drawing is in Civil 3D & can you export to AutoCAD if so? Please

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BOBKELLERMAN
483 Views, 3 Replies

Is this drawing is in Civil 3D & can you export to AutoCAD if so? Please

My clent does street fairs -- a few years ago, I did the booth layout in Acad for him, over a flat AutoCAD street drawing from the City

Now the streets changed slightly, and I received the new drawing. Because I do work like this with Acad 2006, I could not open it, so I had a friend do so and export it to AutoCAD 2004 file format. Half the drawing size went away, as did the xrefs of the street plans -- all I got was layouts containing new street lines, and a twisted Model Space with unusable junk in it.

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE HELP or a heads up that something other than my guess that it was done in Civil 3D  is the problem,  I am guessing that the xref was there, but went away when my friend exported to plain ACAD

Again, if I could get all the parts exported to AutoCAD 2004 file format, please. THANK YOU

Bob

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sfuller
in reply to: BOBKELLERMAN

It does appear to be a civil 3d drawing.  There are references to a couple of surfaces, but there is no data with the surfaces.

There are no xrefs in the drawing.    I has 5 unrefereneced xrefs.  Sorry there is nothing I can do to help you with it.

My guess would be go back to who sent it to you and ask them to do a bind insert on the xrefs and promote the surfaces into the drawing (That is if you need the surfaces). And then have them export it to an earlier version for you.

Message 3 of 4
miked
in reply to: BOBKELLERMAN

Looks like it may have started as a Civil3D file but as you have messed around with it all the Civil3d stuff is gone.

Unless you know what you are doing going back to autocad 2006 (way to old) with a Civil file is not straight forward and the drawing will most likely not look the same.

NVIDIA Quadro 600
Civil3D 2012 64x
Message 4 of 4
BOBKELLERMAN
in reply to: sfuller

Thanks --

Some fool underlying probably "sent the drawing" without thinking. I will bug my client for the correct stuff, or permission to call the City myself.

Bob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report