Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there some tool to track my aligment (not tooltip neither inqury)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tonnot
345 Views, 5 Replies

Is there some tool to track my aligment (not tooltip neither inqury)

I'd like to observe my aligment (even my corridor) at plan view.

I could  use the section editor and tracking or inquiry tools,

But I'd like to activate some tool to view a rubber band linked to my aligment  and a box (or something like this) with station , offset, and other useful information... 

In adittion, Inquiry tools only uses one point each time ? does it exist some "continuous" mode??

Any idea if exist something like I want ? Thanks

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: tonnot

Try the station tracker on the Analyze tab of the ribbon.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 6
tonnot
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

In my case station tracker does nothing .....

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

This shows the alignment Sta and Off, and all my surface elevations.  This is my reference corridor drawing.  Is this what you're looking for?  My options are set to show tooltips and my Corridor and alignment objects are set to show tooltips.7-30-2013 7-28-22 AM.png

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 6
tonnot
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

No... 

I'd like a rubber band ... like that you see when using frecuency "specify aditional stations".

My idea is having a tool to evaluate tjhe station of any point or element in "visual style".

The tooltip is a slow an unconfortable tool.... many time to view the information.... In addition you must have inside the influence area of the corridor you want information from. 

I simply want a rubber band "live" information tool.

I think there is not an option.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
wfberry

I know this is not what you are looking for but go back to the first responder and use the Station Tracker.  Split your screen and zoom one side of the monitor to the profile and the other side to the corridor.  Set STracker to All Viewports and you can get some info that may be helpful.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report