Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an efficient way to Label intersections in profile view ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
iflorintheo
514 Views, 2 Replies

Is there an efficient way to Label intersections in profile view ?

Hello buys,

I was wondering if there's another efficient way to label intersections in profile views (beside the one with blocks in plan and project to profile view).

If only we could label automatically alignments stations and their names wherever they intersect in a plan (and then show it in both profile views).

I hope you've found another way which is more efficient and not so time consuming. 

Civil Engineer / Infrastructure of metropolitan transports
http://civil3design.wordpress.com/
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jmayo-EE
in reply to: iflorintheo

I'm looking into this as well.

The task is easy enough with alignment & profile labels but like object projections that you are using these are not dynamic nor can they be referenced into sheet files. We also found an issue with the projections that I am trying to reproduce but I had multiple profile views for one alignment and the projections that do not lie within the station range of the profile were extending the profile grid past the profile station range.

I am currently thinking that a pipe network will do this providing the required dynamic relationship and Data reference abilities.

I am thinking one network with one pipe per intersection placed above, on or below the surface as required for labeling in profile. The pipe description could provide the intersection name in plan and profile labels.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
ranpack
in reply to: iflorintheo

We have developed a tool that might help you. here is a youtube vid of how it works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ir8NzL6Uhs

Company Website: www.ran-pack.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report