Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to remove a Point Group for a Surface

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
pdsfishhouse
1819 Views, 8 Replies

Is it possible to remove a Point Group for a Surface

Is there a way to remove a point group from the Surface Definition?  I am using Civil3D 2012.  I built a surface using the All_Points point group and now I would like to remove this point group and rebuilt with a new point group without deleting the surface and starting over.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Pointdump
in reply to: pdsfishhouse

Delete thusly:

Surface_Edit.png

Then add the point groups you want and rebuild the surface:

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Surface properties>> definition Tab>> clear or remove, accordingly

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
Pointdump
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe,

Does that take out ALL Point Group Definitions, or can you use that to surgically remove a single Point Group?

Surface_Edit3.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Hi Dave

Yes. you can surgically remove any definition in the surface this way. And if you didn't already know, you can control the build order here.

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
doni49
in reply to: Pointdump

Every individual edit you make will be listed here.  If you add 2 (or more) breaklines at the same time, then that one edit (including all the breaklines) will be listed once.  If you delete that edit, you delete the associated breaklines.  If you add breaklines one at a time, you'd be able to delete them individually. 

The same goes for point groups and pasting surfaces each edit is listed once.  Each edit can be manipulated (move up or down in the list or delete) individually.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 9
ericcollins6932
in reply to: doni49

I think a part of the problem was he used All_points to build the surface. Create another point group with the pts you want (apparently already done?), and then follow the above advice by first adding the new point group and then by dissociating rhe all_points group from the surface.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 8 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Surface definition tab

Your Name

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Surface definition tab

Your Name

EESignature

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report