Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone running both 2012 with 2013 Civil 3d?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
homer028
386 Views, 4 Replies

Is anyone running both 2012 with 2013 Civil 3d?

I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to run both 2012 and 2013 versions of Civil3d on the same machine? I cannot find information saying one way or another.

When I tried I ran into an error and would like to start with knowing if it is even possible to run both at all.

Thank you,

Greg-

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: homer028

Yes it's possible, not any problems with 2012, 2013 & 2014 all on same machine here.

Aside from the fact that 2013 & 2102 aren't backward compatible at all so care must be taken in opening files in desired version.

Edit: Sounds like you mean having a session of each open side by side? I don't recommend that at all but have heard it works.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
Jeff_M

Yep, no problems here. I have a number of different versions installed and all work fine.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 5
homer028
in reply to: Jay_B

I dont want to open both at the same time, but you answered my question. I just had installed the entire 2013 infrastructure suite on my machine from 2012 Infrastructure suite, and tried to open civ3d 2012. It came back with an error failing to initilize ASI. Whatever that means.

I just wanted to know if both could work as a start to the troubleshooting process.

Thanks,

Greg-

Message 5 of 5
wfberry

This may still be the same but I remember a couple of years ago, when you had this problem, you needed to run a REPAIR on the problem "child".  In this case the version you are having a problem with.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report