Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inverts at Structures

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
119 Views, 5 Replies

Inverts at Structures

How do you label the inverts of the in and out pipes at a structure from
highest to lowest?

INV. 149.50
INV. 149.00
INV. 148.00
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't believe there is any way to sort these values within a structure
label.

Matt
Message 3 of 6
mmccall

I used to think that it was the order in which the pipes were created but I've recently noticed that this isn't necessarily the case. It was just a coincidence based on what I observed.

Here's my new observations.

The first pipe connected to a structure will always be the first one listed. The order following the first one will be the order in which they were connected to the structure. These 2nd, 3rd, .. pipes can be reordered by disconnecting and reconnecting them in the intended order. The first pipe, even when disconnected and reconnected, will remain first .... until you disconnect all the pipes from the structure. Now, the first pipe that is reconnected to the structure becomes the new 'first' pipe.

.... this still isn't quite right. I cna disconnect the 2nd and 3rd pipe and reconnected them in the opposite order and the 4th pipe will remain the 4th pipe ..... the structure must be holding the 4th pipe as the 4th pipe and not moving it up to the 2nd pipe position when it opens up by disonnecting the other two. That must be it. The structure must be building a list of connected pipes in the order they were connected. When a pipe is disconnected, the spot in the list that the pipe occupied remains vacant until another pipe is connected to take it's place. Now a new pipe, 5th pipe, would fill the first vacant spot in the list, which would now be the last.

Ok, now the short version. Disconnect all the pipes from the common structure. Reconnect them in the desired order. Message was edited by: MMccall
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for the tip. It may be a little time consuming as i have 210 DI/MH
in my network. I'll post in the wish list.
Message 5 of 6
mmccall

If you have a lot of one pipe in/one pipe out structures you can save yourself a lot of time by reformatting your label to have two 'text for each' components. One for the In's and one for the Out's, and placed in that order. Then you'll only have to sort out the structures with more than one pipe coming into it.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Good tip, I'll have to try that one.

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report