Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersections & Urban Sidewalk Targeting

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Steenix
1512 Views, 2 Replies

Intersections & Urban Sidewalk Targeting

I've been having some issues lately trying to create intersections in Civil 3D 2015.

After creating an intersection using our set curb return radii and pavement edge offset distances, Civil 3D does something funny (see Bad Intersection.jpg). It completely ignores the "Urban Sidewalk" subassembly used in each region where the corridor extends past the curb return. Also, within the curb return a feature line is missing. Each other corridor seen has the correct number of feature lines, but the intersection does not. Finally, I receive the error message "Value on wrong side of alignment or profile," and looking at the error description reveals that it is caused by the Urban Sidewalk.

I have found that going into the corridor properties and removing all "Width or Offset" alignment targeting fixes my issue with the corridor extension past the curb return (see Good Intersection.jpg).

My questions are: is there a way to remove the width or offset alignment targeting options by default? And is there a reason I am missing a feature line within the return in both cases?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Steenix
in reply to: Steenix

Bump in hopes of a solution 😕

Message 3 of 3
Steenix
in reply to: Steenix

I think I figured it out!

I feel I should provide a bit more context for my previous situation - my full section assembly (from center out) went BasicLane > UrbanCurbGutterGeneral > UrbanSidewalk > BasicShoulder. My aim was to get an 18.5' lane, a 2.5' curb & gutter, a 5' sidewalk, and a 4' landscape strip extending to the right-of-way.

First off, I failed to notice that UrbanSidewalk had "boulevards" built in to the subassembly. I decided to simplify my assembly by removing the BasicShoulder subassembly and using the boulevard feature of UrbanSidewalk instead. This seemed to resolve my issue of not having a back-of-walk feature line around the intersection's return.

However, a new issue arose - the right-of-way feature line was not displaying in neither the intersection nor my standard corridor.

It seems as though the UrbanSidewalk subassembly needs MarkPoint subassemblies added to it wherever the feature line doesn't show. So I added a MarkPoint subassembly (found at the bottom of the "Generic" set of subassemblies) to the right-of-way marker point of each UrbanSidewalk subassembly, and it looks like that fixed it!

If anyone knows of a different/better way to resolve this, I'd love to hear it 🙂

Edit: I forgot to mention, I no longer had to remove any kind of width/offset targeting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report