Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersections 2010 - change curb return radius

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
joeb
1160 Views, 5 Replies

Intersections 2010 - change curb return radius

Hello All,

Has anyone had success changing the curb return radius after the intersection has been created. I am able to go back to the curb return parameters dialog and enter a different value, but once I hit Enter or OK the value reverts back to the one I orginally used.

So it looks like I have to delete the intersection object and re-start the wizard from scratch.  Not that it's a big deal, just thought there might be a way to make the change once the intersection is built.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: joeb

Are you sure that the radii can be computed between the tangents? C3D will often appear to not have a setting stick when the value does not compute.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
joeb
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Good call, John.

The value I was trying to use really should have worked geometrically.  I reduced my intended value by 0.0001' and it worked.

Thanks for advising me to check this.

Message 4 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: joeb

No prob.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
gte959s
in reply to: jmayo-EE

So what do you don when you need the radius to be larger because a municipality requested 45' radius vs. a 30'R?  The furthest the edit will let me do is around 34'.  Do I have to completely delete the intersection and start over?  The new radius is filleted between an curve in the polyline (arc) and not straight polylines.

Message 6 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: gte959s

You would need to adjust the tangents to fit a curve. You may wind up needing to place a curve between two tangents farther away from the intersection or place a curve between a tangent and a curve or between two curves.

Sometimes it's worth the time to construct the desired path with a pline and the edit the alignment to meet the pline. Particularly when working with curve to curve objects.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report