Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection: relock PVI

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
troma
879 Views, 2 Replies

Intersection: relock PVI

So I had an intersection with one through street and one teeing off.  I used the intersection object only to mantain the PVI of the second street locked to the main street; no fancy pants modelling going on here.  The second street profile started at this PVI.  All worked fine & dandy until I wanted to add a little profile on the second street showing the crossfall on the main street.

What would you have done at that point?

1. You can't add a tangent to the start of a profile (never understood why not, but there you go).
  2. You can't use the normal workaround: pull the start PVI to the left and add a new PVI in place of it, becasue that PVI is locked with the intersection.
  3. ??

Here's what I did:

1. Draw a random tangent not connected to the rest of the profile off to the end on the right.
  2. Drag the PVIs of the tangent to the left end of the profile.
  3. Snap the right PVI of this tangent onto my start PVI

Unfortunatly, that clearly wasn't the right move either.  It snapped and labeld ok, but it unlocked the PVI.  I can't work out how to lock it again.  When I go to Toolspace>Prospector and right-click on the intersection, and then on "Adjust Side Road Profile" I get this box:

relock PVI.png

I select Relock, but it doesn't work.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sboon
in reply to: troma

I'm guessing that by adding the new tangent you deleted the dynamic PVI, and replaced it with a normal PVI.  The problem now is the software cannot put in a new dynamic PVI because the normal one is already at the same station.  Try deleting the PVI that you created so that there is just a tangent through the intersection and then re-lock it again.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 3
troma
in reply to: sboon

I moved the PVI to the left a bit so there is a tangent straight through, and tried again.  Still doesn't lock.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report