Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection in civil 3d assembly problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
zakaqamar
1852 Views, 6 Replies

Intersection in civil 3d assembly problem

I am getting assembly problem as shown in attached fig where curb return takes zeo elevation . However the same assembly working fine on other intersection

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sboon
in reply to: zakaqamar

Zero elevation usually means that there is no profile at that corridor section.  Insert a profile view for that alignment and check that your design profile exists at the appropriate station range.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 7
zakaqamar
in reply to: sboon

Well the profiles for secondary and primary alignments are properly exist and tied in at appropriate station range. what checks can i perform to remove this .
Regards in advance
Zaka
Message 4 of 7
fcernst

Well the profiles for secondary and primary alignments are properly exist and tied in at appropriate station range.

Not those, this image appears to involve a Curb Return profile issue. 

Post the drawing.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: fcernst

To me, it looks like your're using the wrong alignment for the errant curb return.

Message 6 of 7
zakaqamar
in reply to: fcernst

here is the file; also surface contours of the intersection do not provide the true picture....

Message 7 of 7
fcernst

This drawing is suffering symptoms of corruption. 

The first screen shot below shows your curb return profile to not be the problem. It shows the Lane targeting is the issue. 

All I did was delete the Targets and Rebuild, then apply them again and Rebuild. 

The second screenshot shows the Lanes targetting correctly, but the Section Viewer is a mess. I performed an Audit and that picked up five errors, but still the drawing exhibits corrupted behavior.

For example, after awhile the drawing Zoomed out to infinity and I was not able to get the entities back into view. This happened to me on a road project this summer (Zoom to infinity limits), right before submittal. I sent it into support, and they said sorry the drawing is corrupt...and they do not know the cause.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report