Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection curb return problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Gordough
1583 Views, 4 Replies

Intersection curb return problem

I'm a newbie C3D 2011 user and I'm trying to model a simple T-intersection for a gravel road using the intersection wizard.  I have a gravel primary road with crown maintained and the secondary gravel road blended into the ETW of the primary road. I'm using a BasicLane and BasicSideSlopeCutDitch sub-assembly for both left and right sides of the roadways. For the most part my intersection models OK except the curb returns leave an empty hole in the intersection.  I'm trying to use a basic lane sub-assembly as part of the curb returns.   All of the autodesk intersection tutorials use the LaneOutsideSuper sub-assembly to model the curb return areas which seem to model correctly.  Since I've only got a simple gravel road I can't find a suitable sub-assembly to use for the curb return areas.  Can someone please offer a suggestion on how to solve the problem of the empty areas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: Gordough

The "basiclane & basiccurb" subassemblies are just that, basic.....not intended to be used for actual use cases and do not accept targets (although possibly the BasicLaneTransition could be used, I've never tried this). Just use the LaneOutsideSuper and set most of the depth values to 0 (or near zero).

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
Gordough
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks.  That is what I ended up doing... changing most depth values to near zero using LaneOutsideSuper.

I will try playing with BasicCurb and BasicLaneTransition.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Yeah that works well, i've done the same thing before and it works, one problem i've had modifing a basic lane assembly is getting rid of the curb returns if u don't want them on your gravel road haha, you can delete them just make sure that you change the name of the assembly after you do that and it should work

Message 5 of 5
PappaDale

I had the same issue and it would only work for me after I specified targets for the "lane widths" being the edge of the primary road and centerline of the secondary road. I do still have an issue though that the two halves of the curb returns don't flush up at the centerline of the road elevationwise. I think I know why though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report