Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nikoue
731 Views, 3 Replies

Intersection Problem

I m trying to create an intersection between two roads. See the attached jpeg.  When i open the corridor properties i receive an error message which i don't understand. It seems like civil 3d has problem with the order of the regions. Also the corridor sections intersects in the area that i have place a remark "problem". I m trying to correct it manual but when i rebuilt intersection then it overlaps my manual correction

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 3.
Win 8 pro x64, OCZ RevoDrive 240GB
Intel i7 930, 12 GB Ram, Ati Firepro V7800

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nikoue
in reply to: nikoue

Also i have another question for intersections. In this drawing i have the design profile as shortcut. I have made  manual in the original drawing the design profiles of the intersection roads to have the same elevation in the intersection point. But with this way the intersection tool cannot modify them. I have done with this way because i don't understand the way with civil 3d modify profiles . And it looks fine between 2 flat roads but in my way in witch the first intersection road has slope 17% and the other 12% the result inst correct

Message 3 of 4
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: nikoue

Its giving you that error message because if you look at the stations they go from large to small, should go from small to large, regions should be switched. Remove one and insert region before or after depending on the stationing for that region. Refer to your image for the baseline BL-RD1-(8) and how the regions and stationing are set. Hopefully that makes sense.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 4 of 4
nikoue
in reply to: sjg

ι omitted something . These regions was created automatically by the intersection tool. If you see the attached picture the program creates two times the existing road full section region (38 & 5). The second region begin and ends in the same region (5). So in the first picture i had remove the second region. Now when i try to remove the first (38) region and correct the start station of the second (5) the problem seems to solve . I also manually solved the crossing section problem which i describe in the first post. But if i run the command " update regions and rebuild corridor " then it came back to first condition. I think that the crossing section responsible for the problem and that happens because the secondary alignment is almost tangent to the arc of primary alignment. The issue is how to resolve it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report