Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection Location Label

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
arobinson
396 Views, 2 Replies

Intersection Location Label

I have created a label in Settings>Intersection>Label Styles>Intersection Location Labels.  The label will annotate the intersection stations and alignment name - however I haven't been able to configure the northing, easting and point number of the intersection.  Any clues on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any suggestions.

April

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gjrcmb
in reply to: arobinson

After a bit of research, the way to do what you want is to add Reference Text to your Intersection Location Label that references a Cogo Point, since you want a Point Number in addition to a Northing Easting.

• Edit your Intersection Location Label Style.
  • On the Layout tab to the right of Component Name drop down list, select Create Reference Text Component.
  • Then select Cogo Point from the Select Type dialog box.  A Reference Text Component gets added to the Component drop down list.
  • Now next to Text Contents, click Label Text then the Ellipses button.
  • In the Text Component Editor, you can add a label for Cogo Point Number, Northing, and Easting.
  • Select OK multiple times to complete the style editing.

Now if you already had labeled your Intersection Location, you will see ??? marks as part of your label.  If you do not already have a Cogo Point defined at the intersection, add one.  Now select the existing intersection label, and then open up the Properties dialog box.  In the dialog box, you will notice a Reference Text Objects section and reference to Cogo Point.  Click on <none>, pick the Selection button on the right, and then pick your Cogo Point. 

If you did not already have a label apparently you will prompted to select the reference object when you place the intersection label. 

That should do it.  Thanks for the question, I learned something new.

Alternately, if you did not need a point number, you could have added a Reference Text Component that references one of the alignments with a label for the Northing and Easting.

Message 3 of 3
arobinson
in reply to: gjrcmb

Excellent answer Gavin - you've been a lifesaver.

THANKS!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report