Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install IDSP 2015 from download

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
neilyj666
573 Views, 12 Replies

Install IDSP 2015 from download

I received the email saying IDSP 2015 was available so (against my better judgement and after last year's download debacle), I downloaded it. After 4 hours of downloading, I clicked the 001 file and got a corrupt file message which happened with 002 and 003.

I downloaded again (overnight this time) and clicked the 001 file and the self extract box appeared and after 30 minutes the progress bar still hasn't progressed.

Any ideas about what's happening here?

Thanks

Neil

Install.jpg

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
neilyj666
in reply to: neilyj666

.....nearly 2 hours later and the self extractor still has NO PROGRESS....!!!!!

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
ksorsby

I had major issues with the UK IDSP 2014. Could not get it to download as was always losing connection. Ended up setting up a case with Autodesk and having them send me direct links (which did work).
Not much help to you I'm afraid though.

Kevin
Message 4 of 13
neilyj666
in reply to: ksorsby

Yes I had similar issues downloading last year (estimated time remaining was around 67 years at one point) so I tend to favour the physical media option.

I was very keen to try out all the broken functionality and bugs that are apparently in 2015 and couldn't wait for the physical media to be available...:)

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
ksorsby

Don't you mean 'features'? 😉
We get sent USB keys with IDSP on them. However, they only have the US version as far as I know. Our supplier says that's what Autodesk send out to everybody. If you want something else, download it!

Kevin
Message 6 of 13
neilyj666
in reply to: ksorsby

I did get a European English version on a USB for 2014 i.e. Chainage/Level rather than Station/Elevation

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
rkmcswain

FWIW, In anticipation of a download debacle, I ordered physical media (I like to have that available anyway), but went ahead and downloaded anyway. The download took maybe an hour, and went just fine.  Media arrived the next day too.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 13
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

See this thread  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Expert-Elite-Lounge/Upgrade-System-Hiccup/td-p/4981350/highlight/true/... see the post from Katinka for the link to the Virtual Agent.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 9 of 13
Jeff_M

I used the download Manager and it went without a hitch. It automatically unpacks the compressed files as it downloads and is much quicker than downloading then clicking the first file and allowing it to extract the files. It also does error checking as the download progresses. I did this for 2 different installs (the first for C3D standalone, the other for IDSU) and was quite pleased at how well it worked.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 10 of 13
neilyj666
in reply to: Jeff_M

I had to do a "Run as Administrator" and got as far as choosing the Country Kit in the installer and then it crashed....:(

EESignature

Message 11 of 13
jessica.t

Hi @neilyj666!

Apologies for the download troubles, try taking these precautions before starting your next download attempt:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable AUC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download your software from our Virtual Agent

Let me know if this helps! Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 12 of 13
neilyj666
in reply to: jessica.t

I've left my Work PC running and have logged in remotely and the software seems to have installed but I won't know until tomorrow as it is painfully slow to try and run it remotely (due to poor broadband coverage at home).

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
jessica.t

Got it! Definitely let me know how it goes and if you run into anymore issues. Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report