Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inside Diameter of Structures

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jnjhuz
715 Views, 5 Replies

Inside Diameter of Structures

Does anyone know how to show the inside diameter of structure in plan and profile view. Do I have to make sump and wall thicknesses 0 to do so?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: jnjhuz

Settings Tab of Toolspace>Structure>Label Styles>Style Name being used>Layout Tab>Structure Text>Text>Click Radio button to Right of "Contents">Properties Tab>Properties>Inner Structure Diameter>Click on screen in right side of dialog (where you want diameter to show in label>Click the Right Arrow to move to right side>ok.

struc dia.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
BrianHailey
in reply to: jnjhuz

Two options as I see it, you can use a block to dsiplay the structure in both plan and profile or you could edit the part and add a wall thickness and floor thickness of almost 0 (I don't recommend using 0 very often as I've seen it cause issues with that ol' /0 thing so instead I use something like 0.001).

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 6
jnjhuz
in reply to: BrianHailey

OK, Thanks!
Message 5 of 6
ROBERTCAVANAUGH1224
in reply to: Jay_B

This worked great! Also, I set the wall thickness to 0.001, which is greater than 0 and will prevent other CAD users from seeing the size adjustment if their accuracy is set to (2 places) 0.00 which is our office standard. This way, if someone grabs a distance across the structure, they will not be aware of the adjustment to 4.001' they will just see 4.00'
Message 6 of 6

@ROBERTCAVANAUGH1224 wrote:
This worked great! Also, I set the wall thickness to 0.001, which is greater than 0 and will prevent other CAD users from seeing the size adjustment if their accuracy is set to (2 places) 0.00 which is our office standard. This way, if someone grabs a distance across the structure, they will not be aware of the adjustment to 4.001' they will just see 4.00'

Exactly. This is why I use 0.001' instead of 0 a lot. I've noticed this is particularly important when using subassemblies as using 0 will often cause the subassembly to "implode" on you.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report