Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting a survey file

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lorivandbo
231 Views, 1 Reply

Inserting a survey file

We have a template file for all of our engineering drawings.  When we receive the topo from our survey department we insert the  topo (as a block) into our Eng. dwg.  This has worked well in the past.  Our Survey  dept just did their first topo using 2012 and survey figures.  When we try to insert the dwg the system crashes.  I can XML the surface into the drawing, but I don't get the line work (the line work is composed of the survey figures.)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
_Hathaway
in reply to: lorivandbo

Wow, thats's a scary process and opens both departments up to alot of potential issues.  I've been at firms that did things that way...and I can clearly state that it's the wrong way to do things.

You should be Xrefing in the topo and data referencing in the surface into your engineering plans. This allows both the Engineer and Surveyor to work with from one topo file and surface file.  Any other way and your're just asking for trouble.

We have never tried inserting a topo as a block with Civil3d, mainly because that's an outdated inefficient method, and really dont know how it would even work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report