AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (866 Views)

Inserting OLE (word document)

866 Views, 3 Replies
01-12-2011 09:23 AM

I want to insert a word document into my drawing.  I've tried using OLE, but all i get is an icon of a word document that I can click on and it opens the document.  I want to display the document itself, I've never done this before so any help would be appreciated.

Valued Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (866 Views)

Re: Inserting OLE (word document)

01-12-2011 09:34 AM in reply to: CivilDavid

so I opened the word document, used ctrl+A, then copy.  Then I switched to ACAD, paste special, paste as word document.  It worked.

Curious if anyone has another way to do it.

*Expert Elite*
Message 3 of 4 (845 Views)

01-12-2011 12:40 PM in reply to: CivilDavid

The way it worked for you is the way it's done.

Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
Message 4 of 4 (785 Views)

01-17-2011 03:27 PM in reply to: CivilDavid

The way you listed last is the new way (more or less) to link the actual document to the CAD file. So if you update the wrod doc, the CAd file also updates. ( tips & tTricks Tutorial from Lynn Allen "Linking Excel Spreadsheets")

The Old School/Manual way would be Ctrl+A in the word doc then Ctrl+C then in CAD Start an Mtext String and paste it in there then update the  style/font with the Mtext editing tools.....

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs