Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infrastructure Design Suite download

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jeff_M
356 Views, 2 Replies

Infrastructure Design Suite download

I didn't see any place more appropriate than here (C3D forum) for this, I'm sure it will get moved if the Admins think it should be.

I'm wondering if I will still be around to use this software, based on the "Time remaining" estimate that ADM is reporting. 

How long is too long.png

Everything appeared to be moving along fine. At ~9.5gb it reported 10 minutes remaining. I went and did some chores, returned to find this. Will I really have to wait until the year 4736 to install? I'm thinking my subscription may expire prior to then. Smiley Surprised

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi,

sorry that I can't tell anything special for this product download, but my experience is that downloading (in my case with mozilla) using the standard download method - and NOT the downloadmanager Autodesk recommends - is the less problematic way.

The disadvantage for "no downloadmanager" is: if the download was interrupted I have to restart at 0, but the number of interrupts is so little that I do it that way.

The advantage I recognized is: the downloadspeed does not differ (but the time-lacks like you see now) don't appear.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The good news is that it's still moving along at the 5mb/sec clip. This is the 'New and Improved" download manager. It performs the file extraction as it downloads, supposedly the download is faster and then once finished you don't have to wait for the decompression. With the exception of the erroneous time remaining display, it seems to be working fine.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report