Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infrastructure Design Suite Module Availability

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
jessica.kelly
2156 Views, 23 Replies

Infrastructure Design Suite Module Availability

Effectively immediately, Autodesk is expanding access to the Autodesk® Bridge Module, the Autodesk® Geotechnical Module, the Autodesk® Rail Layout Module, and the Autodesk® River and Flood Analysis Module.  In addition to Autodesk® Infrastructure Design Suite Premium and Ultimate edition Subscription customers, Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® Subscription customers now have access to an extended set of specialized engineering capabilities which support Building Information Modeling (BIM) processes throughout the project execution and lifecycle of transportation, land, and water projects.  These modules can be found on the Autodesk Subscription Center via Downloads > Product Enhancements.

Jessica L. Kelly
Director, Operations - Autodesk Tandem
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
jmayo-EE
in reply to: dgorsman

Oh that was more of a rhetorical question. 😉

I have no ill feelings with this matter. Stuff happens, I don't expect everything in life to be rosey.

I have not set up RT's. Used it once and I had mixed results. Some good stuff some bad stuff and I was hoping to look at it again. Steltman's River Tools does a better job for me getting the data to and from ras. Wish his stuff would do bridges and ineffective flow but I like how his alignments and sections move to and from better.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 22 of 24
rsanchez
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I only have ill feelings about it because I actually purchased RiverCAD Pro directly from Boss International only a few weeks before they were acquired by Autodesk.  The version of RiverCAD Pro that I have dead ended and only runs under Civil 3D 2010.

I got excited twice, only to be let down twice:  Once when River Analysis was available on labs, and then again when River Analysis was available to IDSP customers for a day.

--
Ralph Sanchez
Message 23 of 24
fcernst

... does a better job for me getting the data to and from ras

Great point John. This is where the Civil 3D leadership is out of touch with the way we work in the industry. We need to run the latest version of the public domain models HEC-RAS and SWMM for our final submittals to regulators.

Civil 3D leadership needs to drop development of RA and SSA immediately, and focus on developing strong two-way data migratory tools with simple efficient worflows for these two public domain applications.

We need to be able to easily get sections from C3D into HEC RAS for computational process, and then flood plain delineations back from HEC RAS into C3D for presentation.

We need to be able to easily get basin data, nodal storage curves and pipe network models into SWMM, and then easily get HGL/EGL information and nodal flooding elevations back from SWMM into C3D for presentation.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 24 of 24
fcernst

...into C3D for presentation

I shouldn't just say "presentation" here or the product leadership will take that and just want to do something with Navisworks or one of the other downstream visualization applications that we don't use in the design process.

We need to easily get the computational results back form HEC RAS and SWMM into C3D and analyze how those results are working with our design in C3D in an efficient, always iterative basis.

We need to see how full our detention pond gradings are, we need to see the extent of water surface inundation on the proposed grading surface due to our parking lot inlets flooding, we need to see the HGL/EGL results in our pipe networks and profiles, channel floodplain delineations, flood inundation impact due to backwater effects, etc.

If things aren't working we need to be able to make design adjustments in C3D, and easily get those design adjustments back into HEC-RAS and SWMM for computation...and then get the results back to C3D..and so on..and so on..

For us, it's all about making the two-way workflows between C3D and these two public domain models much better and more efficient.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report