Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info : the SP 1 for CIVIL 2015 is available

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
braudpat
626 Views, 23 Replies

Hello

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
braudpat
in reply to: braudpat

Hello

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-aut...

Please look at the Readme ...

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 24
neilyj666

Good call.....:)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 24
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I noticed in the Readme that this doesn't include Map3D SP2, just be aware fellow users.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 24
jfalkowski
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

What am I missing? What's in the readme that is problematic?

Thanks,

Jon

IDSP '15 SP3 / '16 SP2
Dell Mobile Precision 7720 - Core i7-7820HQ / Win 10 / 32GB Ram / SSD / Quadro M1200

Message 6 of 24
AllenJessup
in reply to: jfalkowski

This readme contains the latest information regarding the installation and use of this service pack. It is strongly recommended that you read this entire document before you apply this service pack to your product. Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2015 Service Pack 1 contains the fixes included in Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2015 Service Pack 1 and Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map 3D 2015 Service Pack 1. This service pack includes the Autodesk AutoCAD Security Hotfix.

I can understand that if they were mostly done with C3D SP1 when Map SP2 came out. They wouldn't want to delay the SP while they tested it against Map SP2.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 24
jfalkowski
in reply to: AllenJessup

Oh, so you're just saying that the C3D SP1 includes Map SP1, whereas SP2 is already out?  I haven't installed any updates for the '15 platform yet so I shouldnt have any problems here. 

Jon

IDSP '15 SP3 / '16 SP2
Dell Mobile Precision 7720 - Core i7-7820HQ / Win 10 / 32GB Ram / SSD / Quadro M1200

Message 8 of 24
wfberry

THE GLOOM and DOOM REPORT

Just to let you know I went ahead and installed and APPARENTLY it has gone just fine.  I haven't run anything but it opens up OK.

BTW, the only thing that I was wondering about was I have the Suite and the "exe" ran just fine.  I looked throught the README but never did see anything except "Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015"

Bill
Windows 7 x 64 Professional
Nvidia GeForce 9800 & 8500
12 GB Ram
i7 965 @ 3.20 GHz
Corsair Force 240 GB SSD
Infrastructure Suite 2014 Premium SP2
IDSP 2015 SP 1

Message 9 of 24
neilyj666
in reply to: wfberry

Been running SP1 since this morning and no problems......yet...!!!!

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 10 of 24
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: neilyj666

Can you connect to a WMS service? There's several provided in the drop down list of servers.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 11 of 24
braudpat
in reply to: jfalkowski

Hello

The SP 2 for MAP 2015 correct mainly (at 99%) problems related to the FDO Features !

<<< Extract of the SP 2 MAP 2015 ReadMe >>>

MAPTOACAD

• Blocks in DWT template should be considered during MAPTOACAD. This is an enhancement for layers that use symbols that are part of the Library repository in the layer file (option Load Symbols as a copy was toggled OFF when loading the symbol, therefore the XML definition of the symbol is saved as part of the Library repository in the layer file).

Industry Model

• Layer query gets replaced by the parameters of Advanced Generate Graphic options.
  • Intersection fails if there are not consecutive lines taking part in intersection.
  • Filter from Excel and Update from Excel do not work.
  • Label is not created automatically for the first new feature in Security Role.
  • Map 3D fails to create display model with layer added in drawing.

Raster

• Raster images have a grid superimposed on the image when DVIEW TWist after a CS transform between projected coordinate systems.

Generate Graphic

• Layers are not refreshed based on the layer filters when user digitizes a feature.

FDO WMS

• Map 3D fails to connect to the https WMS server.

FDO ArcGIS

• This release supports ArcGIS 10.2 version.

FDO ArcSDE

• Performance issue while connecting to Oracle based ArcSDE.
  • Issue with Export to FDO when selecting attributes in Object to Feature Class mapping for ArcSDE.

Publish to Infrastructure Map Server

• The xml symbols in layer theme in Map 3D will be reset to default if same symbol is attached to different rules.

Others

• The layer API incorrectly reports the layer as selectable after adding layers asynchronously.
  • FDOUserManager.exe does not work.

-   Querying object data in attached drawing via command line does not work.

<<< End of Extract >>> 

So if you are not using MAP  FDO Features of your CIVIL 2015, you don't need it !!!

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 12 of 24
wfberry

Pat:

Can you apply the Map SP 2 to the IDSP Suite?

Bill

Windows 7 x 64 Professional
Nvidia GeForce 9800 & 8500
12 GB Ram
i7 965 @ 3.20 GHz
Corsair Force 240 GB SSD
Infrastructure Suite 2014 Premium SP2
IDSP 2015 SP1

Message 13 of 24
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I wasn't able to apply either of the 2 Map SPs to my IDSP install, so I waited for the Civil 3D SP. Even though the  readme says that Map SP1 is included (which fixed the WMS connection issue), I am still unable to connect to any WMS or WFS services.  I have an open case on this particular issue.  See this thread. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/C3D-2015-and-Geolocation-Specifically-Bing-Ma...

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 14 of 24
braudpat

Hello Bill

On my HP Z1 Workstation (Win Seven Pro x64 French - 32 Gb Ram - NVidia Quadro 1000 2 Gb), I have many French Autodesk Software

and I have software coming from InfraStructure Design Suite Ultimate 2014  AND 2015 ...

I have installed without any problem :

- SP 1 for ACAD 2015

- SP 2 for MAP 2015

- SP 1 for CIVIL 2015

I hope it can help you !?

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 15 of 24
liuja

Hi,

It's confirmed Civil 3D 2015 SP1 has included Map 3D 2015 SP2. No worries about it.

Message 16 of 24
rl_jackson

Does it allow you to edit survey figures with the right click and edit in panorama?

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 17 of 24
braudpat
in reply to: liuja

Hello Liuja

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Please where do you get the Info that the SP 1 for CIVIL 2015 includes the SP 2 for MAP 2015 ???

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 18 of 24
johngordon6189

From what I can gather from utilizing my reading skills, the README file for Civil 3D 2015 SP1 only shows that the service pack, as released, only contains Map SP1.
John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10
Message 19 of 24

As of the moment, when I click the link to the read me, I get an error page with the response

File not found."

The link I am getting to the readme - http://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/file_downloads/AutoCAD_Civil_3D_2015_SP1_enu.htm

😞

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 20 of 24
Jeff_M
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Yes, Andrew, that is the correct link. I'm able to view it without a problem.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report