AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Message 1 of 3 (328 Views)

Importing Windes Files

328 Views, 2 Replies
10-04-2012 05:21 AM

Hi,

Pretty basic question.

Trying to import a Windes file into C3D using Microdrainage WinDes Link (import from file) under Toolbox in the UK & Ireland reports section... but coming up with an unhandled exception error each time. Is the only way to go about it or can you import it via another means i.e under the import tab??

or more specifically what the best way to import a windes file into C3D?

Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 2 of 3 (301 Views)

Re: Importing Windes Files

10-04-2012 02:58 PM in reply to: onedayiwillbeaguru

I don't know the answer to your question, but I love your nic. Keep posting!

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Contributor
Mathew.webber
Message 3 of 3 (291 Views)

Re: Importing Windes Files

10-05-2012 03:20 AM in reply to: onedayiwillbeaguru

Hi there,

The Civil3D link is written and maintained by Autodesk, but does work well in the most part. We do encourage users report any problems they find with the link to Autodesk though so that they can be rectified. The main thing it does not handle very well are those lengths that are conduit sections rather than a specified pipe diameter. We have had discussions with Autodesk regarding improving the link and upgrading it to use the MDX format rather than the older SWS file.

Its hard to say what might be causing the exception, but the first place I would look is to the pipe and manhole catalogues you are using. Autodesk have encoded our default pipe and manhole sizes (Standard.pip/.mhs) however if you have different sizes you would need to configure these before importing.

The only other question would be what versions of the two products (WinDes and Civil3D) you are currently using?

Kind Regards,

Mathew Webber

Micro Drainage Ltd Support Team

support@microdrainage.co.uk

(0044) 01635 582555

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs