Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Styles Internal Error

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
steve-dude
910 Views, 6 Replies

Importing Styles Internal Error

Hi, we have some styles to import into our drawings and when we try to import them, we get

INTERNAL ERROR:  !dbobji.cpp@8749: eNotOpenForWrite

We don't have a functional work around for this yet.  We're using C3D 2014 (IDSP).  We can get this error importing styles into some existing CAD files, but not all.  We can create a brand new, blank drawing and attempting to import these styles will cause the error.  The error occurs during the 'verifying imoprted styles' progress bar in the lower left.

We thought we were getting somewhere when we exported to dwg 2013 format and opened that and we could then import styles with no issue.  Unfortunately, in exporting to dwg 2013 format, we loose all of our surface and point data.  Doing a saveas to 2013 apparently does nothing more than just save the drawing and that will still not allow importing of styles.

Please help us figure out how to get our style templates to successfully import into all of our CAD files.  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
troma
in reply to: steve-dude

I presume you have a template with all the right styles?
Try starting a new drawing from the template. Save it as a drawing on your desktop.
Now open your drawing you want to import into. Use the INSERT command, and insert the drawing you just saved on your desktop.

Is there a reason why these drawings didn't get started using the right template?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 7
troma

Have you tried:
Close the drawing and reopen?
Recover the drawing?
Audit the drawing?
Close the program and start it again?
Shut down the machine and reboot?

Mark Green

Message 4 of 7
steve-dude
in reply to: troma

Thank you for the replies troma.  I did go through the usual suggestions, including different CAD files and different computers.

The backwards work around you suggest will do in a pinch for some files.  As one develops more and more layout tabs, it's gets more and more tedious to wblock from each paper space.

Something is wrong and I suspect it is in our template or in the program itself, but I'm not sure what or why or how to track it down.

Message 5 of 7
troma

Not sure what you mean about wblock from paperspace. My suggestion was to insert the template (as a dwg) into your drawing.

Mark Green

Message 6 of 7
steve-dude

Oh, we have not tried inserting a template into our CAD file to update styles.  I thought you meant work backwards, which is something we tried.  Open the template, insert the drawing I want updated into that, saveas over the drawing.  So, that would only give me MS and i'd have to wblock PS tabs.  That's what I meant and that's what I though you meant.  We can try in insert styles, but what will that do for conflicts and things?

What we really want to do, is use AutoCAD to Import styles, with the nice import styles dialogue box.  But that doesn't work for some drawings.

Message 7 of 7
mary.peterman

We have been experiencing frequent internal errors using the Import Styles feature also. It crashes Civil 3D.  It seems to be a bug in Civil 3D 2014. All files were converted to new base versions. prior to doing the import. It happens quite frequently.

I have tried combinations of import settings to no avail.

(On a good note I have noticed that you can now get parts lists to transfer in 2014 using this import utility when it works.)

I am opting to drag drop styles between drawings and templates but that is time consuming. They need to fix this. I am developing templates and troubleshooting files frequently.

Florida Dept of Transportation / Engineering
CADD Systems Office

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report