Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Shape files

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
stevearnold
269 Views, 6 Replies

Importing Shape files

I am importhing Shape file from the Natural Earth website. I have created a block to pick up the attribute data in this case for the population points. How do I get the block to scale according to the scale rank field of the data.

thanks alot

steve

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
antoniovinci
in reply to: stevearnold

Great question, sir.

I've no Autocad at home, so I cannot test it, but I guess you'll get it by a draw query (on a Scale basis).

Message 3 of 7
Murph_Map

You can not durning the mapimport, you need to do an alter property query afterwards or use Data connect and create a style based on the value.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 4 of 7
stevearnold
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hi Murph:
Thanks for your input. I have been trying to run a query as you suggest but am having trouble getting the query to read the OD table for the objects in the drawing. When I follow the instructions in help it says in step 5 of the alter the properties of drawing objects based on their object data were it says to click the data in the expression area, there is nothing to click. How do I get the query to hook up to the OD tables
Thanks a lot Steve
Message 5 of 7
antoniovinci

stevearnold wrote:
How do I get the query to hook up to the OD tables

mapimport[1].gif

Message 6 of 7
stevearnold
in reply to: antoniovinci

Hi Antonio

I have managed to get the properties into my blocks which I have in the drawing. All the blocks are cities and their names I imported from a shape file. I just want to scale the largerer cities largers or do it the reverse reduce the block in proportion to the city size. The Scalerank fiels is what I want to use to do this. But I can't get the query to read the blocks out of the drawing or to scale them after I have selected them with the Query.

TAutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 - [World Map.gifhanks alot Steve

Message 7 of 7
Murph_Map

Did you start a new dwg and mapattach your dwg? 

Take a look at this example video.

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/main/details/ba29ea5f-5136-4836-9a5d-bbeca6820556

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report