Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing PNEZD Point files with " in text

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
elaine3051
1732 Views, 5 Replies

Importing PNEZD Point files with " in text

Civil 3D 2011. I am importing *.csv files created from translated Trimble files. I am not quite sure what has changed but my descriptors in the CSV file are not coming in correctly. Last week if I imported points with a descriptor such as

6" Gate Valve it imported correctly into the drawing and read 6" Gate Valve.... New drawing this week. Import CSV file and the descriptor 6" Gate Valve reads 6. Anywhere that the " mark occurs the text behind it is eliminated. If you list the points it reads 6 in the point file. If the descriptor reads Gate 6" valve the imported point descriptor reads Gate 6. Does anyone have a clue what has changed that I am having this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: elaine3051

Have you checked the format of the files and what format you're using to do the import? This sounds like something that would happen in an SDF file. (Space Delimited Format).

Have there been any edits to your Description Keys?

If you need a quick workaround. Use find and replace in the point file to change each " to in.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
elaine3051
in reply to: AllenJessup

We use comma delimited format but I am going back and check export setup in the trimble software thru PNEZD import in Civil 3D. As usual I can work around but I know this was working correctly last week. Makes you wonder if anything else is wacky, but not as obvious.Thanks

Message 4 of 6
wfberry

Just remember that two apostrophe's may be used in lieu of one " because of the nature of the descriptions.

Bill

Message 5 of 6
elaine3051
in reply to: wfberry

Interesting. You know I will have to test it. Just can't figure why it worked for 5 days. Its got to be a setting. Think I will peruse commands and see if something doesn't slap me.

Message 6 of 6
steve-dude

Perhaps you can go into the settings tab on toolspace, expand Point, locate Description Key Sets and delete the style.  then import your points again and see if you get the full point display.  Another idea is maybe point group All has a style associated to it and you could change that perhaps.  Does highlighting a point and changing it's point style change the display of the points?  Do your points in the summary under the import event show the full or truncated descriptions"?  Can you try a different ascii conversion?  Those answers may give you clues as to what to do next.

I'm sorry if this doesn't help you, but figured I'd try an answer since I just asked a question.  Have a nice day!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report