Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import superelevation criteria from a spreadsheet in C3D2010?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Kevin_Gagne
2064 Views, 7 Replies

Import superelevation criteria from a spreadsheet in C3D2010?

I've had to change the stationing of an alignment (station equation was not an option). Before doing so, I copied all of my alignment properties' superelevation tab table data to a spreadsheet. I can manipulate the key stations in excel. The spreadheet is loaded with all the inside/outside lane and shoulder slope data as well. Is there any way I can paste/import this data back into the alignment properties???? Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SethHall
in reply to: Kevin_Gagne

Hi Bubba1925-

This was actually functionality added with the Subscription Advantage Pack for Civil 3D 2010. From the Subscription Advantage Pack HELP file:

"The Subscription Advantage Pack for AutoCAD Civil 3D enables you to import superelevation data from either a CSV or XML file."

I have also attached a screen shot of the Superelevation Tab in Alignment Properties. The Subscription Advanatge Pack is available on the Subscription Center for download.

Hope this helps!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 8
Kevin_Gagne
in reply to: SethHall

Thats great Seth! I'm going to see if we can get that, it will save a lot of time. Thanks!

Message 4 of 8
c3dlearner

Hi Seth,

Do you mind posting and example CSV file?

Thanks

C3DL

Message 5 of 8
SethHall
in reply to: c3dlearner

Hi c3dlearner-

I took a look at the example files that ship with Civil 3D, but it doesn't look like I have any to post. Maybe someone else has an example file they wouldn't mind sharing, or possibly do what Bubba1925 did and create your own from an alignment you have already designed.

Thanks!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 6 of 8
Kevin_Gagne
in reply to: c3dlearner

Attached is my successful .csv. It took me several hours to get one right; copying it out of another alignment and pasting results in extran, hidden, and out of order columns in excel (???). You gotta arrange to match what you see in the alignment properties, super tab, then you gotta remove special symbols like "+", ', and %. you need a column at the end (curve smoothing or something like that, I don't have it in front of me) - mine is all zeros.

I tried exporting the old align w/ supers to xml, then import xml - nothing happened so I'm not sure how that works.

Message 7 of 8
Kevin_Gagne

after looking at my sections and seeing something wrong with the shoulders, i realized the following whacky situation occurs upon input:

the column of data for right outside shoulder gets inserted into the column of data in the alignment properties superelevation tab for right inside shoulder AND, the data for right inside shoulder gets inserted into the column of data in the alignment properties superelevation tab for right outside shoulder

I fixed this by swapping the data to the "wrong" columuns in Excel, then they go into the "right" columns in the spreadsheet! The wires got crossed somehow.

Message 8 of 8
c3dlearner

Thanks Bubba

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report