Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import styles/settings from Student Version

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
amarmann
320 Views, 5 Replies

Import styles/settings from Student Version

I had a template which included years of my work and I accidentally opened and saved my template in the Sutdent version of 2012 C3D. Now obviously it has the educational stamp on it.

I can not even drag/drop or "Import Styles" from the student version to full version.

S.O.S. Please tell me a way to import styles from this student version to full version.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
troma
in reply to: amarmann

Any way you can restore a previous version, before you did that?

Or do you have a recent drawing from the template, used in a project, that you can delete everything out of and use as the template again?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 6
amarmann
in reply to: troma

I worked in a company for 4 years and everything I created was in this template. I left that company and only brought the template with me. I dont have access anymore to the projects I worked on.
Message 4 of 6
troma

I honestly have no idea how the student version thing works, but I imagine that if they give it away for free they have it pretty securely locked up.

(Are you sure  what you are doing is legal?  No clause in your work contract that everything created on the job stays on the job...??)

I guess you don't have this template as you brought it with you in an email or on an external drive somewhere?  Or do you have any friends on the inside who could help you out?

Sorry I can't help with the crux of the issue.  Maybe someone else will reply with more info on student versions.

Mark Green

Message 5 of 6
amarmann
in reply to: troma

Its all Legit. It was within the scope of my work.

There should be a way to do this

Message 6 of 6
troma

I still say can you restore a previous version?  Right-click on the file, go to properties.  Do you have previous versions?  Might depend what version of Windows you are running.

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report