Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import from GIS - Pipe Network

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
625 Views, 2 Replies

Import from GIS - Pipe Network

I am able to easily import sanitary sewer pipe and structure information from existing GIS information using the import wizard.  I do have one issue that I can't figure out how to fix: even though I match the material field in the GIS shapefile to the material field in the import wizard, the material for the imported pipe network defaults to concrete pipe.  I have tried updating the shapefile and the part in Part Builder so that the material information matches exactly, but it still happens.  I can work around this by selecting "Swap Part" for each pipe and then selecting the correct pipe material and diameter, but this can be tedious when dealing with a lot of pipes.

Any ideas on how to get the pipe material to import correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Erin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I Just ran into this same issue recently. Is there a way to get the pipes to come in with the correct material and not just pick up by the size of the first pipe in the catalog that matches?

Message 3 of 3
javbarcelo
in reply to: Anonymous

Erin,

I have just read your post and I was wondering if you could please let me know how do you import "easily" GIS data into a C3D pipe network. A few questions:

• What format is the source: SHP. SDF, etc.?
  • How do you import it: mapimport, connect to data, etc.?
  • What wizard creates a C3D pipe network?
  • Did you find a solution to your query related pipe materials?

I am sorry if this is an obvious procedure but it's out of my knowledge. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Javier

C3D 2013 SP1

Windows 7 64bit

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report