Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import XML Path

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
348 Views, 3 Replies

Import XML Path

I have a surface that began with importing an XML file that had a surface in it. The first operation in the surface definition is "Import XML File" and then it has the path to the XML file under "Parameters". I would like to move the XML file and the drawing file to a new location, thus a new path. If I rebuild the snapshot and the surface, it won't find the XML because I moved it. I am pretty sure there isn't a way to update this path "out of the box", but does anyone have a way to change that path? I suppose it is coded somewhere into the drawing itself. I suppose there is someway to access the surface and edit this via VBA, but I don't know how.

I was working with my drawing on my local drive with the XML file on my local drive. Now when I move the drawing to our server, it won't find the XML if someone else opens the drawing. This is fine, I think, as I don't plan on updating the XML file, so I won't really need to have it around. My surface still stays intact if it can't find the XML, right? It just will never be possible to rebuild the snapshot, right? Does anyone see any problems with this?

Josh Nelson
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Right-click on the ... to the right of the file name listing in the Build
Operations list, and you should be able to get a browse window.

HTH

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
Civil 3D 2006 SP2
XP Tablet, SP2, 2GHz, 1.5G
www.eng-eff.com
www.civil3d.com
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Perfect James - thanks. It looks like you could also single click on the path and just type in or paste in a new path.

Josh Nelson
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Any relative path to store the XML file like Xref path that could be related the DWG file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report